Saturday, March 3, 2018

Untruthful News


I am someone that is on social media outlets like, Instagram, Snap-chat, and Facebook. I find myself questions the authentication of the news I read off theses outlets. I am guilty of believing untruthful news that Facebook puts out there. It has tremendous effect on people because it makes it harder for people to believe what is the truth and whats a lie. How do we as a community weed out the fake news out of social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter? There needs to be stricter rules about posting news. According to the gaurdian "Facebook, for example, is currently working on methods for stronger detection and verification of fake news, and on ways to provide warning labels on false content".  I think that Media outlets need to start holding people legally accounted for spreading fake news.
The purpose of this assignment is to be aware of the untruthful news and always make sure that the places your getting your information from is validated with proof of research.
The key question at the heart of this assignment is How can we identify and stop fake news from being spread?

1 comment:

  1. I like the way you get to the bottom line.

    ReplyDelete